Scheduled for April, 2015
The First Renewal project at The First Presbyterian Church of Libertyville is the renovation of their 1929 Social Hall building; 1960 Education wing; and 1986 Sanctuary. In the Sanctuary the chancel was extended and pews were rehabilitated and re-installed in a new plan to encourage a sense of community and participation. New window openings bring natural light to the formerly windowless Sanctuary with new stained glass in the colors of the liturgical year. New custom pulpit, font and communion table furniture create a balanced focus on the three major liturgical elements. Circulation patterns throughout the complex were improved. Handicap access was added to the 1929 chapel and Social Hall, and new direct connections were created between the major elements of the church complex.