Harris Hall has functioned as a classroom and faculty office building since its construction in 1914. In recent years, the history department, which had become the primary tenant, was in need of more space. This renovation, which is seeking LEED Gold, is a complete reorganization of the second and third floors into faculty offices and the basement into classroom and special program spaces. The historic corridor, auditorium, and meeting room on the first floor were restored with new mechanical and audio-visual systems integrated into the decorative detailing. Two new below grade additions provide space for new mechanical and program space. Detailing at both the exterior and interior is intended to merge new functions and features into a new whole sympathetic with the original Beaux Arts structure.